Here’s a question: what skills and experiences are employers looking for in college graduates? While most young adults will graduate from college with a long resume of coursework and computer software competencies, it is life skills that often define superior employees. Those who achieve success usually demonstrate leadership, teamwork, communication, creativity, problem solving, flexibility and initiative. And what better place to learn and practice those skills than summer camp?
Camp is not only for the camper—it is for everyone in the camp community, including our staff. Our primary task is to ensure the safety, well-being and growth of our campers, but we also aim to promote growth in our adult staff as well. We know that staff who are given the opportunity to grow, personally and professionally, make great camp leaders (which results in happy campers) and build a lasting connection to the Jewish community.
We look for the following qualities in our staff:
- Positive attitude
And we offer the following opportunities:
- On-the-job training and supervision to help you achieve your potential
- Professional mentorship from camping, education and science professionals
- Social activities and staff programs with your peers throughout the summer
- A summer of memories that will last your entire life
Staff must meet these basic requirements:
- Educational background in the sciences or related field (for counselor/specialist positions)
- Experience working with children
- Graduated from high school and at least 18 years old as of opening day
- Available for the entire summer, including staff orientation week
To apply to work at camp, please fill out our online application by clicking the “Apply Now!” button below. You can also contact us for additional information if you have further questions.
Once we review your application, our staff will contact you within two weeks. If your background and experience matches the listed qualifications, we will schedule an in-person or video-chat interview, which typically lasts about an hour.